The handy WellionVet BELUA ketone test strips for cows and WellionVet BELUA ketone code chips are to be used with the WellionVet BELUA meter for ketone body measurements. The WellionVet BELUA ketone test strips for cows are single foiled, stay fresh for a long time therefore they are perfectly suitable for the measurement of ketone bodies directly at the animal. The measurement of the concentration of ketone bodies directly at the animal allows a precise result in only a few seconds in the stable!
The WellionVet BELUA Ketone Code Chip
A special Code Chip has been developed for the usage of the WellionVet BELUA in cows. The Code Chip in each test strip box is specially calibrated: When using a new test strip box always use the new specially calibrated Code Chip, which is provided in the package.
Content: 20 single foiled test strips incl. Code Chip
- Remove the orange Ketone code chip for cows from the test strip package. Make sure that the code number printed on the code chip matches the code number on the test strip package.
- Slide the code chip into the opening provided on the back of the meter (the code chip fits into this opening only one way).
- Insert the test strip without touching the end of the test strip for the blood sample.
- The code number, consisting of 3 numbers, is shown on the display. Check that the code number on the display matches the code number on the test strip foil. These 2 code numbers must match.
- Check that the correct measurement parameter GLU or KET is displayed at the top right-hand edge of the display (GLU for glucose measurement, KET for ketone measurement).
- The meter now performs an automatic test of the ambient temperature.
- When the meter is ready for testing, the test strip symbol and the blood drop symbol appear on the meter display. This means that a test is now possible.
- We recommend using Wellion Safetylancets (18G 3mm for cows) to obtain a suitable blood sample. Select the appropriate puncture site for the animal. Clean and dry the blood collection site carefully.
- Now hold the tip of the test strip at a slight angle into the blood sample. The test strip sucks the blood like a straw. The meter beeps to let you know when there is enough blood for the test. After the countdown, the test result is displayed. The result is automatically saved and can be viewed in the memory menu.
- Discard the used test strip by pressing the eject button. You can also pull out the test strip manually. After removing the test strip, the device switches off automatically, or after 3 minutes.
- Each differently colored code chip corresponds exclusively to one animal species and the displayed test parameter. Do not measure other animal species, humans or other parameters.
- Do not use expired test strips. Check the expiration date printed on the test strip foil and package.
- Use test strips within 10 minutes of removing them from the foil.
- Do not use wet or damaged test strips.
- Avoid direct sunlight and heat. Store the test strips in a dry, cool environment.
- Write the opening date on the test strip vial label. Dispose of the remaining test strips 3 months after opening the vial for the first time.
- Dispose of the used test strip and lancet immediately after testing.
- Perform the measurement with WellionVet BELUA only in dogs, cats or dairy cows. Do NOT measure other animal species or humans.